Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Good Friday
So many thoughts about today. I have cried today. I have thought about what Jesus must have faced on this "not so good day". I think that is what God wanted me to do, think about the price His son paid for me, and accept it over and over again, renewing it in my mind. I hope this blog has encouraged you to do the same. But, please don't go away saddened or discouraged, read on and go away from this blog ready to peak behind the stone and find something unexpected.
Good Friday

Today, they walked my Lord up Calvary's Hill.
tonight, in the grave, His body lies still
wrapped in cloth from head to toe
the guards outside
walk to and fro
but the stone and the guards
and the wrapping so tight
cannot hold Him
past Saturday night!
the dawn of Sunday
will show He is gone
and all that is left
behind that great stone
are the wrappings
and napkin that covered his face
and hope in the darkness
because of God's grace.
Melissa Scott Barrow
Good Friday
April 10, 2009

3 comments: