Friday, April 10, 2009

Four Fudgesicles

by Melissa Scott Barrow

One fudgesicle called from the freezer to me
"open the door, and set me free".
So I abliged the poor little thing
and ripped off the wrapper and gave it a fling.
Before I knew it, the sicle was gone
and I was in the kitchen, all alone.
Then what to my wondering ears did I hear
but another faint call
from the old fridgadaire
"let me out too,
I want to join you".
Okay I then thought and opened the door
and before I knew, I had eaten one more.
"What am I doing", I thought to myself
and I began to put dishes back on the shelf.
Then what do you know, another call came
and of course my reaction was surely the same.
Another one down, before I knew it
I told myself "this time, you blew it,
get out of this kitchen, you better start leavin'
then I thought "well I should make this
odd number even". So yes, I did it, I opened the door
I reached right in and retrieved one more.
That's how I did it, I confess it to you,
and If you had been there you'd have
joined me..... wouldn't you????

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I would have joined you! Now I really want a fudgesicle. Yummy Delicious post!

    ReplyDelete